Palm Springs Stay At Home Order will go into effect if/when Regional Hospital ICU capacity dips below 15%
Gov. Gavin Newsom announced plans for a Regional Stay At Home Order that applies 24 hours after a California region is determined to have less than 15% hospital ICU availability.
Currently, Riverside County’s ICU capacity is 20.60%. The state is projecting that our region could fall below 15% ICU availability sometime in December.
The order prohibits private gatherings of any size, closes business sector operations except for critical services and retail, and requires 100% masking and physical distancing in all others. The order remains in effect at least 3 weeks.
After that period, it will be lifted when a region’s projected ICU capacity meets or exceeds 15%. This will be assessed weekly after the initial 3-week period.
If/When our region triggers this new Stay At Home Order, the following sectors must close:
- Indoor and outdoor playgrounds
- Indoor recreational facilities
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Personal care services
- Museums, zoos and aquariums
- Movie theaters
- Bars, breweries and distilleries
- Family entertainment centers
- Cardrooms and satellite wagering
- Live audience sports
- Amusement parks
The following sectors will have additional modifications with 100% masking and physical distancing:
- Outdoor recreational facilities: Allow outdoor operation only without any food, drink or
alcohol sales. Additionally, overnight stays at campgrounds will not be permitted.
- Retail: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity and no eating or drinking in the stores.
Special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or
compromised immune systems.
- Shopping centers: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity and no eating or drinking in the
stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic
conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Offices: Allow remote work only except for critical infrastructure where remote not possible.
- Hotels and lodging will be restricted.
- Restaurants: Allow only for take-out, pick-up or delivery.
- Places of Worship and First Amendment activities continue to be allowed outdoors.
Guidance for schools remains in effect and unchanged. More info is available at COVID19.ca.gov.
Sorry we’re closed black sign isolated on white.
Photo by Alpha Media USA Portland OR