Heat Leaving, Wind & Rain Coming To The Desert
The National Weather Service has extended its Excessive Heat Warning for the Coachella Valley through 8 p-m on Thursday September 8th 2022.
On Friday September 9th at 8 a-m, the Coachella Valley will begin a Flood Watch, that will expire late Saturday night September 10th at midnight as Sunday September 11th arrives.
The California Independent System Operator, CAL ISO, has issued yet another Flex Alert for Thursday September 8th 2022 from 3 p-m to 10 p-m.
The threat of rolling blackouts continues across California, a result of state officials choosing to generate power from renewable sources, as California winds down the use of nuclear energy and, coal and natural gas to generate electricity.
You can conserve energy by:
- Avoiding the use of major appliances (washers, dryers, dishwashers, pool pumps, charging of electric vehicles, applicable industrial equipment, etc.) between the hours of 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Setting thermostats at 78 degrees or higher when home.
- Turning off all unnecessary lights.
- Using floor or ceiling fans to cool off for less; (be sure to turn off fans when you leave a room as they only cool people, not spaces).
- Blocking the sun from overheating your home. Inside, use shades, blinds and drapes. Outside, use awnings, trees and shrubs.
A young woman in a red raincoat, and a red hat holding a red umbrella, while standing outside on a cloudy, rainy day.
Photo from Alpha Media Portland OR