The Fairview Fire burning near Hemet has now burned 18,657 acres as of 8 a-m on Thurs Sept 8th 2022.
That is nearly 30 square miles.
The fire started at 3:30 p-m on Labor Day, Sept 5th 2022, and has spread quickly.
Two people trying to escaped from the fire were killed inside a car. One other person has been hurt.
Hot dry conditions have hampered firefighters efforts.
EVACUATION ORDER AND WARNINGS ISSUED DUE TO FAIRVIEW FIRE
– South of Cactus Valley RD., North of Minto way, North of Red Mountain RD, West of US Forest Service Boundary, and East of Sage Rd.
– East Red Mountain RD, and the Cahuilla mountain US forest service boundary
– South of Minto Way, South of Red Mountain Rd, West of Stanley Rd., and North of Stanley RD., and East of Sage Rd.
– E of Sage Rd, W of Reed Valley Rd and W of the Forest Service boundary, S of Stanley Road, and North of Wilson Valley Rd E of De Portola Road, W of Sage Road, N of East Benton Rd, and S of Diamond Valley Rd.
SAFETY MESSAGE – The public is reminded to stay vigilant on current fire conditions.
Please continue to adhere to road closures and any evacuation orders and warnings. A
reminder to drive slowly and yield to emergency personnel in the area. There will be
smoke in the respective areas as firefighters continue firefighting operations. If at any
time you feel unsafe, please call 911.
The Radford Fire near Big Bear and Snow Summit has burned 1,100 acres since it started on Monday September 5th 2022.
It is 2% contained.
A Town Hall meeting for updates and information on the Radford Fire is set for this afternoon 3:00 o’clock at the Performing Arts Center at the Big Bear Lake Civic Center.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department issued evacuation orders for structures located anywhere in the following areas:
- Glass Road to South Fork River Road
- Summit Boulevard East to Club View,
- Evergreen Drive South,
- Area of Club View east to Angles Camp Road,
- Vine Avenue south to Lassen Drive,
- Summit Boulevard east to McAllister Road,
- East of Hwy 18 and Fox Farm Rd south to Evergreen Road
- Pine Knot South to Skyline Road (2N10),
- Knickerbocker West to Castle Rock
An evacuation center is open at Big Bear High School, 351 Maple Lane. For help with animal evacuations, call San Bernardino County Animal Care and Control at 800-472-5609.
Photo: Fairview Fire near Hemet burning on Sept 7th 2022
Photo from CalFire