Desert Healthcare District Hands Out $217-Thousand In Grants
The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board have approved three grants totaling more than 217-thousand dollars.
The recipients are as follows:
- University of California at Riverside Regents, $113,514 (Grant #1301) – supports community-based interventions to mitigate psychological trauma and mental health disparities in immigrant communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. It aligns with Goal 3 (please see below for details).
- Vision to Learn at Coachella Valley, Desert Sands, and Palm Springs unified school districts, $50,000 (Grant #1302) – supports mobile clinics that bring free eye exams and eyeglasses to children in need at schools in underserved communities. It aligns with Goal 2.
- CSUSB Philanthropic Foundation, $54,056 (Grant #1303) – supports three faculty members at California State University – San Bernardino who will supervise nursing students at each street medicine site. It aligns with Goal 2.
The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation’s new Strategic Plan, which the Board adopted in October 2021, includes:
- Goal 2 – Proactively expand community access to primary and specialty healthcare services.
- Goal 3 – Proactively expand community access to behavioral/mental health services.
Business Man Displaying a Spread of Cash over a green vintage background.
Photo by Alpha Media USA Portland OR