County Library Add Mobile Library Services; Vans Visiting East Valley
The Riverside County Library System is launching two new mobile resource vans, named Library Connect. The Library Connect mobile resource vans will bring library and literacy services to remote community members year-around beginning February 7th, 2022.
The vans will the Western side of the County and the Desert..
- Learning Lounge – Help with your resume, job search, and digital skills..
- Family Literacy Programs – Programs to develop literacy skills as a family, such as weekly educational craft kits, Raising a Reader and STEAM activities.
- Adult One-on-One Sessions – One-on-one support to improve reading, writing, listening, speaking and digital skills.
- Adult Small Group Sessions – Support to improve reading, writing, listening, speaking, digital and job skills with others in the community.
- Library Services – Book checkout/check-in, holds pickup/return, getting a library card and more.
- Wi-Fi and Technology Services – Provides Wi-Fi and access to laptops during stops.
Here is the van schedule for the Desert.
- 10:00AM – 12:00PM at Galilee Center, 66101 Hammond Rd., Mecca
- 3:00PM – 5:00PM at Mecca Community Center, 65250 Coahuilla St., Mecca
- 10:00AM – 2:00PM at Palm Desert Country Club, Joe Mann Park, 77800 California Dr., Palm Desert
- 3:00PM – 5:00PM at Indio Hills Community Center, 80400 Dillon Rd., Indio Hills
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM at Dateland Park, 52805 Shady Ln., Coachella
- 10:00AM – 2:00PM at La Quinta Park, Corner of Adams St. and Blackhawk Way, La Quinta
- 3:00PM – 4:00PM at Mecca Family & Farmworkers Service Center, 91275 66th, Mecca
- 10:0AM – 12:00PM at North Shore Community Park, 99480 70th, Mecca
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM at Reyes Market, 98960 70th, Mecca
For more information, please contact the Riverside County Library System at (951) 369-3003 or visit www.rivlib.net.
Photo of Riverside County Library System new vans for Library Connect Mobile Services.
Photo from Riverside County Library System